Welcome to TrueConnect!
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST THE COMPANY TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
TrueConnect Systems, Inc. (“TrueConnect,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you through its website located at www.TrueConnect.io and app.TrueConnect.io (collectively, the “Site”) and through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do make changes to the Terms of Service, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Services user interface, or in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than seven (7) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
- “User” means everyone who has registered an account with the Services.
- “Your Content” means all data (including Personal Data and end user data) that is provided to TrueConnect by, or on behalf of, a User through a User’s use of the Services, such as:
- Contacts, which are all of a User’s person contacts imported from third party accounts and a User’s mobile devices, and person contacts provided to TrueConnect through a User’s use of the Service. This includes social media, email, calendar, mobile, and address book contacts, and any people mentioned in a User’s email and Calendar Events.
- Email Headers, which include the Header (CC/TO/FROM/Date) fields of your emails.
- “Calendar Events”, which are all of your calendar events imported from third party accounts. This includes the meeting title, date/time, location, attendees and description fields, as well as some calendar settings (e.g. alerts, visibility).
- “Private User Data”, which means private electronic data and private information submitted by a User to the Services. This includes notes, insights, family information, username/password, watchlist, and excludes data that a User submitted to public fields (e.g. profile editing).
- “Profile Edits”, which means all data input into TrueConnect by a User through the Profile Editing feature.
- Our Data (“TrueConnect Data”) is all of the data generated by the Services and includes:
- All TrueConnect-generated data that is made available to a User, including but not limited to people profiles with professional summaries, education histories, and profile links.
Access and Use of the Service
Services Description: The Service is designed to aggregate and leverage a user’s data about their professional network and contacts and expand upon that information or compile related information to be delivered to the user for his/her professional needs in addition to content related to the contacts and companies associated with such contacts.
User Representations and Warranties: By using the Service, you expressly represent and warrant that you are legally entitled to enter this Agreement. If you reside in a jurisdiction which restricts the use of the Service because of age, or restricts the ability to enter agreements such as this one due to age, you must abide by such age limits and you must not use this Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or others who are not capable of entering into binding contracts. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company, business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, its end users and its affiliates to this Agreement, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity, its end users and its affiliates. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with this Agreement, you must not accept this Agreement and may not use this Service.
Member Account, Password and Security: Your account is automatically created when you register to our Services by using the login details of your existing email account (i.e. email and password). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify TrueConnect of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. TrueConnect will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Service: TrueConnect reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that TrueConnect will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage: You acknowledge that TrueConnect may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on TrueConnect’s servers on your behalf. You agree that TrueConnect has no responsibility or liability for any unauthorized access or use of Your Content or the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Service. You acknowledge that TrueConnect reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. We reserve the right to deactivate and delete your account and terminate this Terms of Service at any time for any reason, or no reason, with or without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, upon any termination of this Terms of Service, we will have no obligation to maintain or provide Your Content. Termination of your TrueConnect account includes disabling your access to TrueConnect and may also bar you from any future use of TrueConnect. You further acknowledge that TrueConnect reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Mobile Services: The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding TrueConnect and other entities by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your TrueConnect account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your previous phone number.
Conditions of Use
User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials that you upload, post, publish or display or email or otherwise use via the Service. You agree not to use the Service in violation of any law, regulation or TrueConnect policy or to otherwise misuse the Service (as determined by TrueConnect in its sole discretion). Misuse of the Services includes using or attempting to use another’s account without authorization from the Company, creating a false identity on TrueConnect, or claiming someone else’s identity as yours on TrueConnect, using the Services commercially without TrueConnect’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, or violating TrueConnect’s conditions of use. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by TrueConnect. TrueConnect reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in TrueConnect’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities.
You agree to:
- provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- review and comply with notices sent by TrueConnect concerning the Services; and
- protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- email or otherwise upload any content that:
- infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party;
- you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, discriminatory, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- in the sole judgment of TrueConnect, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service;
- forges headers or otherwise manipulates identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Service;
- contains altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”; or
- may expose TrueConnect or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, regulatory requirements, or regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, or any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- add to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting an email address in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by TrueConnect);
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by any other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- use the Service to harm minors in any way;
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service;
- upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo on your Person Profile;
- publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile editing feature (e.g., do not put in someone else’s information on your own profile);
- use or attempt to use another’s account without authorization from the Company, create a false identity on TrueConnect, or claim someone else’s identity as yours on TrueConnect;
- duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information or any content found on TrueConnect (excluding Your Content) except as permitted in this Agreement, or as expressly authorized by TrueConnect;
- scrape or copy profiles and information of other people or companies through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from TrueConnect except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download any of the data on TrueConnect;
- access, via automated or manual means or processes, TrueConnect for purposes of monitoring the Service’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Service;
- access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by TrueConnect, such as its mobile applications, and the TrueConnect web application;
- attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying the Service;
- modify, adapt, or hack the Service, including by using any non-public TrueConnect APIs, or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks;
- use the Service to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with any of the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above; and/or
- share information of non-users without their express consent.
Fees: To the extent the Service or any portion thereof is made available for any fee, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide TrueConnect information regarding your credit card or other payment instrument. You represent and warrant to TrueConnect that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. You agree to pay TrueConnect the amount that is specified in the payment plan in accordance with the terms of such plan and this Terms of Service. You hereby authorize TrueConnect to bill your payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with the terms of the applicable payment plan until you terminate your account, and you further agree to pay any charges so incurred. If you dispute any charges you must let TrueConnect know within sixty (60) days after the date that TrueConnect charges you. We reserve the right to change TrueConnect’s prices. If TrueConnect does change prices, TrueConnect will provide notice of the change on the Site or in email to you, at TrueConnect’s option, at least 30 days before the change is to take effect. Your continued use of the Service after the price change becomes effective constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount. TrueConnect may choose to bill through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued in any given month must be received by TrueConnect thirty (30) days after the mailing date of the invoice, or the Services may be terminated. Unpaid invoices are subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection. You shall be responsible for all taxes associated with the Services other than U.S. taxes based on TrueConnect’s net income.
Special Notice for International Use; Export Controls: Software (defined below) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
Notices and Service Messages: For purposes of service messages and notices about the Services to you, TrueConnect may place a banner notice across its pages to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from TrueConnect to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that TrueConnect may communicate with you through your TrueConnect account or through other means including email or other services associated with TrueConnect. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service.
Apple-Enabled Software Applications
TrueConnect offers Software applications that are intended to be operated in connection with products made commercially available by Apple Inc. (“Apple”), among other platforms. With respect to Software that is made available for your use in connection with an Apple-branded product (such Software, “Apple-Enabled Software”), in addition to the other terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service, the following terms and conditions apply:
- TrueConnect and you acknowledge that these Terms of Service are concluded between TrueConnect and you only, and not with Apple, and that as between TrueConnect and Apple, TrueConnect, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Apple-Enabled Software and the content thereof.
- You may not use the Apple-Enabled Software in any manner that is in violation of or inconsistent with the Usage Rules set forth for Apple-Enabled Software in, or otherwise be in conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service.
- Your license to use the Apple-Enabled Software is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Apple-Enabled Software on an iOS Product that you own or control, as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance or support services with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software.
- Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law. In the event of any failure of the Apple-Enabled Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Apple-Enabled Software to you, if any; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, or any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty, which will be TrueConnect’s sole responsibility, to the extent it cannot be disclaimed under applicable law.
- TrueConnect and you acknowledge that TrueConnect, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apple-Enabled Software or your possession and/or use of that Apple-Enabled Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Apple-Enabled Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the Apple-Enabled Software or the end-user’s possession and use of that Apple-Enabled Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between TrueConnect and Apple, TrueConnect, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, they should be directed to TrueConnect as follows:
101 Crawfords Corner Rd
Holdmdel, NJ 07733
TrueConnect and you acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms of Service against you with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software as a third party beneficiary thereof.
Intellectual Property Rights
Service Content, Software and Trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content or features (“Service Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Service Content contains TrueConnect-generated data that is made available to a User, including but not limited to people profiles with professional summaries, education histories and profile links. Except as expressly authorized by TrueConnect, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to Your Content that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service, you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. If you are blocked by TrueConnect from accessing the Service (including by blocking your IP address), you agree not to implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address). Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith are the property of TrueConnect, our affiliates and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by TrueConnect.
The TrueConnect name and logos are trademarks and service marks of TrueConnect (collectively the “TrueConnect Trademarks”). Other TrueConnect, product, and service names and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to TrueConnect. Nothing in this Terms of Service or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of TrueConnect Trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of TrueConnect Trademarks will inure to TrueConnect’s exclusive benefit.
Services: TrueConnect shall own and retain all right, title and interest in and to (a) the Services, all improvements, enhancements or modifications thereto, (b) any software, applications, inventions or other technology developed in connection with Professional Services or support, (c) all intellectual property rights related to any of the foregoing, and (d) all TrueConnect Data.
Third Party Material: Under no circumstances will TrueConnect be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. Some features of the Service operate by collecting, searching and organizing data publicly available on the Internet, which may not be accurate or complete. You acknowledge that TrueConnect may pre-screen Profile Edits, and TrueConnect and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service, including Your Content. Without limiting the foregoing, TrueConnect and its designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by TrueConnect, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, availability, usefulness of such content.
Your Content Transmitted Through the Service: You represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to Your Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein. By uploading any of Your Content you hereby grant and will grant TrueConnect and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, access, prepare derivative works of, remove, retain, process, analyze, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation of the Service. Notwithstanding the forgoing, TrueConnect will not publish or otherwise share Private User Data. If you choose to share Your Content, we cannot be responsible for what others do with Your Content, so please carefully consider what you share and with whom you share it.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to TrueConnect are non-confidential and TrueConnect will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that TrueConnect may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TrueConnect, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Copyright Complaints: TrueConnect respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify TrueConnect of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
TrueConnect will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to TrueConnect’s Copyright Agent at copyright@TrueConnect.io (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at:
101 Crawfords Corner Rd
Holdmdel, NJ 07733
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Counter-Notice: If you believe that Your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in Your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within New Jersey and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, TrueConnect will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer Policy: In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, TrueConnect has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at TrueConnect’s sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. TrueConnect may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Third Party Services
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to or integration with other sites, services and resources on the Internet, such as social media and social networking services like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or email accounts such as Exchange, Outlook.com, and Google (collectively, “Third Party Services”). To take advantage of some of these features and capabilities, we may ask you to authenticate, register for or log into Third Party Services, and, as part of such integration, the Third Party Services may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided. Although TrueConnect compiles content and information that you authorize TrueConnect to use from such Third Party Services, TrueConnect does not screen, verify or audit any information compiled from these sources and this information is provided to you solely for informational purposes. TrueConnect is not responsible for the accuracy, legitimacy, or legality of any such information, nor are we liable for how recently any information was collected or updated. TrueConnect has no control over and does not endorse such Third Party Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are using any such information found through TrueConnect at your own risk and that TrueConnect will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, information, goods or services available on or through any such Third Party Services. Also, please remember that the manner in which Third Party Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and TrueConnect shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third Party Service that may be enabled within the Service. We are also not responsible for any modification or deletion of Your Content resulting from access by a third-party application.
When you sign up with the Services using the “Microsoft Exchange” option or when you sync your account with Microsoft Exchange through the Settings screen, you will be directly connected to the third party service. TrueConnect will submit information including usernames and passwords that you provide to log into Microsoft Exchange. You hereby authorize and permit TrueConnect to use and store information submitted by you to accomplish the foregoing and to configure the Services so that it is compatible with the third-party sites for which you submit your information.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to release, indemnify and hold TrueConnect and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Service, Your Content, your connection to the Service, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TRUECONNECT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TRUECONNECT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS PROFILE SHARES, INVITATION EMAILS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER CONTENT) SENT THROUGH TRUECONNECT TO ANYONE. IN ADDITION, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ANY MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED OR USED ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED SUCH MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY TO US.
TRUECONNECT DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO ITS SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER USERS OF THE COMMUNITY; THEREFORE, TRUECONNECT DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
TRUECONNECT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TRUECONNECT, OUR SUPPLIERS, AND AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF TRUECONNECT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL TRUECONNECT’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TRUECONNECT IN THE LAST ONE (1) MONTH, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
a. Agreement to Arbitrate
This Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration section is referred to in this Terms of Service as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and TrueConnect, whether arising out of or relating to this Terms of Service (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, any advertising, any aspect of the relationship or transactions between us, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against TrueConnect on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into this Terms of Service, you and TrueConnect are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
b. Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AND TRUECONNECT AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND TRUECONNECT AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
c. Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution
TrueConnect is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at support@TrueConnect.io. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to TrueConnect should be sent to support@TrueConnect.io (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If TrueConnect and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or TrueConnect may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by TrueConnect or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or TrueConnect is entitled.
d. Arbitration Procedures
Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, https://www.adr.org/Rules. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Terms of Service as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more efficient than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under the Terms of Service and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Unless TrueConnect and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, TrueConnect agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
e. Costs of Arbitration
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. If the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, at your request, TrueConnect will pay all Arbitration Fees. If the value of relief sought is more than $75,000 and you are able to demonstrate to the arbitrator that you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, TrueConnect will pay your portion of such fees. In addition, if you demonstrate to the arbitrator that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, TrueConnect will pay as much of the Arbitration Fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. Any payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement (other than the subsection (b) titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” above) is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of subsection (b) above titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” are invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of the Terms of Service will continue to apply.
h. Future Changes to Arbitration Agreement
Notwithstanding any provision in this Terms of Service to the contrary, TrueConnect agrees that if it makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address) while you are a user of the Services, you may reject any such change by sending TrueConnect written notice within thirty (30) calendar days of the change to the Notice Address provided above. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between you and TrueConnect in accordance with the language of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service).
You have the right to terminate your account at any time by sending a cancellation request to support@TrueConnect.io. You agree that TrueConnect, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if TrueConnect believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for immediate termination of your use of Service, and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. TrueConnect may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that TrueConnect may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that TrueConnect will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
If TrueConnect terminates your account without cause and you have prepaid for a fee-bearing service, TrueConnect will refund the pro-rated, unearned portion of any amount that you have prepaid to TrueConnect for such Service. However, all accrued rights to payment shall survive termination of this Agreement.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Service and TrueConnect will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. TrueConnect reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and TrueConnect and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and TrueConnect with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third-party services, third party content or third party software. These Terms of Service will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and TrueConnect agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within Mercer County, New Jersey. The failure of TrueConnect to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign this Terms of Service without the prior written consent of TrueConnect, but TrueConnect may assign or transfer this Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Terms of Service, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any TrueConnect Affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any TrueConnect Affiliate, unless documented in a physical writing hand signed by a duly appointed officer of TrueConnect.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?
Please contact us at termsofservice@TrueConnect.io to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding this Terms of Service or the Service.